Due to provincial restrictions squash in the province has increased restrictions on Squash in the Province. Below is the list of permitted activities we can have at Cedar Hill Squash Club.
- Members of the same household may play a match (That is only members in the same membership class or sharing the same mailing address, Members permitted to play matches)
- Book a court with apartner. Your bubble size is limited to 2 other people. (Drill Examples)
- You can solo practice
- Distanced lessons may be taken from our pros, Giselle or Ben
- House league is suspended for the next two weeks
- All Saanich Lessons are suspended
- non-members are not allowed for the next two weeks
- masks are to be worn from the time you enter the facility to the time you get on court
- No spectators allowed. After your court booking leave the facility.
We have been strictly warned that we need to follow these rules or the squash courts will be closed completely. All previous temporary rules are still in place.
Parents: It is your responsibility to make sure your kids understand what we are allowed to do and not do and they follow the rules.
Giselle and Ben with a picture of an activity not permitted during Phase 2 will be required to suspend court booking privileges. If you, as a member, see an offence simply send a photo to Ben or Giselle.
These rules take effect November 20th, 2020 at 9:00pm
The Cedar Hill Squash Club OPEN
To members only
For returning Members please fill the forms below to Restart your club membership
We thank you for your interest in Fall Programming at the Cedar Hill Squash Club. For September and October all programming will be members only.
- Jr. Programs - Starting the week of September 28th - Members Only
- Private Lessons - For Members and Non-Members - Nov 2nd
- Group Lessons - For Members Only
- House League - Starting October 28th
- Club Tournament - TBA
- Non-member playing Members - Starting in November 2nd
Booking a Court with a Non-Member
1. Members will be responsible for the non-member they bring into the club, i.e. ensure they follow the same rules that members follow.
2. Members will need to book the court on gigasports and add the non-members to the booking sheet. (if you are having difficulty, please text or email Ben Uliana to book the court for you)
3. Once the court is booked payment is to be made by the non-member or the member by phoning reception prior to time of play. (Payment can be made by credit card or use of a 10X punch pass)
4. Both the member and the non-member must check in at reception together no more than 10 min prior to the court booking.
5. Non-payment for a drop-in will be billed to the member that booked the court.
*** If your bubble is full (you have played 2 people in the past 14 days) play with a non-member is not allowed.
- Adults intro to squash - Monday Night Classes: Starting January 11th (4 participants per class)
- Jr. intro to squash programming - Starting the week of January 11th (4 participants per class)
- Sunday Jr Drop - in - not yet
We thank you for your continued interest in squash and ask that everyone does their best to maintain safe standards.
If you are interested in being on the waitlist for a squash club membership please use the “Join Us” button on the right hand side of the page to be added to the membership wait list.
Cedar Hill Squash Club
Cedar Hill Squash Club is a non-profit, member-owned squash club. The Club exists within a partnership with the Municipality of Saanich. The municipality contributes the costs of maintaining the squash courts and provides access to ancilliary services (showers, reception, cafe/bar, etc.). In return, the general public has access to the squash courts. Members are expected to act in a fashion that supports our partnership. The Club’s policies and regulations are outlined below.
Squash Courts Playing Privileges
Members who have paid annual dues as Adult, Family, Couple, Junior or Student members have playing privileges at the Cedar Hill Squash Centre. All club members have unrestricted access to the Fitness Room.
Booking Rules and Guidelines
Members may book squash courts online (via the link above or at gigasports.com) or by phoning the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre at 475-7121 no earlier than 7:00 a.m. Monday to Friday, and no earlier than 8:00 am on Saturday and Sunday two days in advance. When tournaments and special events restrict availability, remaining bookable courts on those days may be deemed as prime time at the discretion of the club professionals.
- Two names are required for a valid booking
- Members are expected to update bookings with the correct names if changes occur
- Members are expected to cancel courts when no longer required
- Members and guests are required to check in at reception prior to play.
- Members are responsible for payment of guest fees
- A member may play only once per day during prime time. Prime time is 3:30pm – 8:45pm on weekdays and is subject to change.
- Consecutive non-prime time bookings are no longer permitted.
- Practice courts may be reserved on a ‘same day’ basis in person or by phone only, no moe than 4 hours prior to the court time.
- Members are required to wear clean, non-marking footwear and use equipment that will not mark the floors of the squash court.
- Please do not enter or exit the Squash court area via the fire doors.
On-Hold Policy for Individual Members
If a Member is unable to use the courts because of a serious injury for an anticipated minimum period of three months or because of a temporary absence from the Victoria area for more than three but less than twelve months, the Member may apply, in writing, to the Board of Directors to exercise its discretion to have his or her membership put on-hold. The Board will review all requests for membership holds at the next Board Meeting (Third Tuesday of the month). If the Board so determines, the Member's annual renewal date will be extended by the length of the on-hold period. If granted, on-hold status begins the date the application is received by the Board. On-hold memberships, which are not renewed within 12 months of the date the on-hold period commences, shall lapse. Memberships will not be put on hold from a date prior to the written application. If a member returns prior to the minimum three month period governing a serious injury, use of courts is subject to guest fees until the end of the suspension period.
* All memberships put on hold are subject to a $30.00 Admin fee to be paid at reception once a membership has been accepted to be put On-Hold.
Changes to Fees
Annual membership fees are set by the members by resolution at each Annual General Meeting. Membership is for a one-year period and all annual and monthly installments must be paid for said period.
Refunds For Individual Members
Membership fees may be refunded where a Member permanently moves from the Victoria area or is permanently disabled. A request in writing must be made to the Board of Directors. If granted, a refund will be calculated from the date the request is made. Prorated refunds may be issued by the Board in the event of the death of a Member, if a written request is made by the deceased Member's Personal Representative. All requests for refunds will be reviewed at the next Board Meeting (Third Tuesday of the month).
* All memberships accepted for a refund are subject to a $30.00 Admin fee to be paid at reception prior to the membership refund being issued.
Late Payment of fees
Upon the expiration of an annual or Student Term membership, members will be required to pay regular drop-in rates until such time as the membership is renewed.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of four officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) and up to five additional directors. The Board is elected for a term of one year at the Annual General Meeting.
All members in good standing may vote at Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings. The by-laws of the Club are available from any director on request.
Members are require to wear clean footwear that will not mark the floors of the squash courts. A Member may be held responsible for reimbursing the Association for any expense related to repairing damage to the Squash courts or ancillary facilities caused by the Member’s negligence.
Lost or Stolen Articles
The Cedar Hill Squash Club is not responsible for articles lost or stolen at the Cedar Hill Squash Centre.
Coaching Services at Cedar Hill
As a squash club, CHSC is very fortunate to have in Ben and Giselle, two outstanding squash professionals providing the best possible squash experience for our members. A significant amount of our two pros’ income is derived from providing coaching to our members and our community.
The overall success of our club can be judged by the effectiveness of our squash professionals. We believe that at this time our club is extremely healthy and a good measure of this is the coaching they provide.
Having retained three certified coaches to administer the coaching at our club, all coaching done at the club should be through either Ben, or Giselle or programs organized by them.
To ensure fairness to our squash pros and guarantee that the quality of coaching at our club is of the highest possible standard, we ask all members to refrain from seeking coaching assistance and paying anyone other than our squash pros for coaching at the CHSC.
If anyone has any questions regarding this, please direct them to our Club Executive Committee in writing.
The club seeks to foster a social and playing environment which is both hospitable and respectful towards all patrons. The club adheres to the standards of conduct as set forth in the Squash BC Code of Conduct If a member believes these standards have been breached by the conduct of another member, guest or contracted club Professional, a member may lodge a Form of Complaint with the club president which will be adjudicated by the Board of Directors. Please refer to “Complaint Policy and Procedures” for policies regarding the complaint resolution process.
COMPLAINT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
You experiencing any of the following:
- Severe difficulty breathing (e.g. struggling to breathe or speaking in single words)
- Severe chest pain
- Having a very hard time waking up
- Feeling confused
- Losing consciousness
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath
- Inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing
- Chronic health conditions that you are having difficulty managing because of difficulty breathing
Have travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
You provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19
You must not come play squash until you are deemed healthy
Cedar Hill Squash Club and the
Cedar Hill RecCenter
The Cedar Hill Squash Club is located in the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The club was created in 1991 by a group of squash enthusiasts who raised the funds to build this new facility in Saanich.
The Club operates at the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, in a partnership with the Minicipality of Saanich. The Cedar Hill Squash Club provides coaching and member services, while the Municipality of Saanich provides operational support.
The Cedar Hill Squash Club is proud to offer four clean, bright, glass-backed courts. Members have 48 hour booking privileges while non-members may book 24 hours in advance. Membership fees are among the lowest you'll find anywhere! All members over the age of 16 enjoy unrestricted Fitness area access at no extra charge. Benjamin Uliana and the resident squash professionals are available for private, semi-private and group training. The Club has an active junior program. Junior members have full booking priviledges. Check out the facility - see what the club has to offer. From the top-notch courts, to plenty of free parking, to the outstanding services provided, see why this is the premier facility in Victoria.
Please use the link to complete our online membership request form. Once completed you will be contact regarding your membership application and the next steps to membership.