The Cedar Hill Squash Club OPEN’s July 20, 2020
To members only
For returning Members please fill the forms below to Restart your club membership
We thank you for your interest in Fall Programming at the Cedar Hill Squash Club. For September and October all programming will be members only.
- Jr. Programs - Starting the week of September 28th - Members Only
- Private Lessons - For Members and Non-Members - Nov 2nd
- Group Lessons - For Members Only
- House League - Starting October 28th
- Club Tournament - TBA
- Non-member playing Members - Starting in November 2nd
Booking a Court with a Non-Member
1. Members will be responsible for the non-member they bring into the club, i.e. ensure they follow the same rules that members follow.
2. Members will need to book the court on gigasports and add the non-members to the booking sheet. (if you are having difficulty, please text or email Ben Uliana to book the court for you)
3. Once the court is booked payment is to be made by the non-member or the member by phoning reception prior to time of play. (Payment can be made by credit card or use of a 10X punch pass)
4. Both the member and the non-member must check in at reception together no more than 10 min prior to the court booking.
5. Non-payment for a drop-in will be billed to the member that booked the court.
*** If your bubble is full (you have played 6 people in the past 30 days) play with a non-member is not allowed.
- Adults intro to squash - Monday Night Classes: Starting November 2nd (4 participants per class)
- Jr. intro to squash programming - Starting the week of November 2nd
- Sunday Jr Drop - in - not yet
We thank you for your continued interest in squash and ask that everyone does their best to maintain safe standards.
If you are interested in being on the waitlist for a squash club membership please use the “Join Us” button on the right hand side of the page to be added to the membership wait list.
Cedar Hill Squash Club
Rule for members Returning to play squash at the Cedar Hill Squash Club
- RecCentre will be Open 7:30am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday,
- RecCentre will be open 8:00am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday
- All court booking to be done online via gigasports (same booking rules apply) with members in your social bubble,
- Members can book with Guests - Starting November 2nd, please see above for booking proceedure
- No spectators are allowed behind the courts except for one parent or guardian in the case of a junior member,
- Court Booing times will be staggered by 15min, You will book a 50 minute court, but the last 7 minutes are used to clean the court before you leave,
- Courts must remain vacant for 5 min between court bookings
- You must check in at reception no more than 10min prior to your court booking - Be patient and wait in line if there is one,
- You must proceed to the washroom and wash your hands before going to the squash court,
- You will be able to refill a water bottle from the filling station but no drinking from the fountain,
- Use the bag drop area beside your court for your gear, No Locker use during this phase of opening,
- You will only be allowed to book courts for Solo practice, or play with players in your household, or within your trusted bubble
- Try not to touch wall or glass while on the squash court - mistaken touched places will need to be cleaned at the end of use,
- Once finished your squash booking use cleaning equipment to sanitize all high touch areas and any places on the court wall or glass that were in mistakenly touched,
- All participants must wear goggles,
- Face masks are your option,
- Exit from the squash court area will be via the door beside the pros’ office after your court time has ended
- Please do not go back out to the parking lot through the front door, If you leave by the exit and have forgotten something you will need to re enter the building through reception and wait in line again,
- Before leaving the squash court area, after cleaning the court, sanitize your hands before going out the back door
- You can play on court how you like being aware to maintain your physical distance as best you can, Follow directional markers marked on the floor
To Reactivate your Squash Club Membership you have accepted the following:
Zero tolerance policy in place and will abide by the Club rules of play, booking, cleanliness and the Rules of the RecCentre while in the facility. You understand that You must clean and vacate the squash court immediately after my court booking is complete even if the following court is not booked. Failure to follow the rule will result in membership suspension
You experiencing any of the following:
- Severe difficulty breathing (e.g. struggling to breathe or speaking in single words)
- Severe chest pain
- Having a very hard time waking up
- Feeling confused
- Losing consciousness
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath
- Inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing
- Chronic health conditions that you are having difficulty managing because of difficulty breathing
Have travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
You provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19
You must not come play squash until you are deemed healthy
Cedar Hill Squash Club and the
Cedar Hill RecCenter
The Cedar Hill Squash Club is located in the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The club was created in 1991 by a group of squash enthusiasts who raised the funds to build this new facility in Saanich.
The Club operates at the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, in a partnership with the Minicipality of Saanich. The Cedar Hill Squash Club provides coaching and member services, while the Municipality of Saanich provides operational support.
The Cedar Hill Squash Club is proud to offer four clean, bright, glass-backed courts. Members have 48 hour booking privileges while non-members may book 24 hours in advance. Membership fees are among the lowest you'll find anywhere! All members over the age of 16 enjoy unrestricted Fitness area access at no extra charge. Benjamin Uliana and the resident squash professionals are available for private, semi-private and group training. The Club has an active junior program. Junior members have full booking priviledges. Check out the facility - see what the club has to offer. From the top-notch courts, to plenty of free parking, to the outstanding services provided, see why this is the premier facility in Victoria.
Please use the link to complete our online membership request form. Once completed you will be contact regarding your membership application and the next steps to membership.